I'm chatting with you

images i'm chatting with you

NHS offers health advice in the UK and is free from landlines and mobiles. It's always "chat with". Revealing your innermost emotions - anger, sadness, fear, hope, jealously, despair and so on — can be a huge relief. If you feel able to, put things right: You may prefer to use whichever preposition you want in this case, based on the meaning you want to imply. Chat to or chat with?

• grammar Chat to vs. Chat with English Language & Usage Stack Exchange
  • How to start a difficult conversation Samaritans
  • prepositions Chat to or chat with English Language Learners Stack Exchange
  • How To Be Someone People Love To Talk To Barking Up The Wrong Tree

• Any number of things could be happening while you're “talking to” someone that you I'm going to talk to my boss today and ask for a raise.

grammar Chat to vs. Chat with English Language & Usage Stack Exchange

The prepositions are both idiomatic with 'chat' and are often used interchangeably, especially in American English. However, for those with a. I am chatting to you: You talking on your own to someone. I am chatting with you: You and i'm chatting with u.

Anonymous · 7 years ago. 0.
    JEL 26k 4 51 X is plural and you mean chat in a "broadcast information to everyone" sense this is where you'd say something but not expect specific replies back from each party of the chat X is an object or inanimate object and you don't really expect a reply back.

How to start a difficult conversation Samaritans

Or, I have many uses for my tablet; I use it for everything from chat to number crunching. Questions Tags Users Badges Unanswered. We were chatting about this and that. However, talk to and speak to are more common than their corresponding phrases, also by a considerable margin.

RAIN MAN STREAMING FR
    Chat won't have such a subtext. The verb chat itself has a subtle indication of an interactive and two-sided conversation.

Video: I'm chatting with you I'm 39 Today, Let's Chat!

Both of forms imply a two-way conversation though in most cases. Chat to X can be used if: Or, I have many uses for my tablet; I use it for everything from chat to number crunching.

Dec 6, I make no bones about the fact that I'm a card carrying member of humanity!

prepositions Chat to or chat with English Language Learners Stack Exchange

. just tell the girl, during the course of a conversation, that you enjoy talking to her. If you are having a conversation, are you talking to or talking with someone? Is talking to someone different from talking with someone?

How To Be Someone People Love To Talk To Barking Up The Wrong Tree

Let's settle the issue. Meaning of “chat” in the English Dictionary I'd love to stop and chat but I'm rather pressed for time. Why don't you give me a call and we'll have a chat?.
    Samaritans by phone on or email jo samaritans. This was a great reading.

It could well be that some American English speakers do use the to version, so I don't actually want to assert that it's ungrammatical for all AmE speakers. By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of serviceprivacy policy and cookie policyand that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of serviceprivacy policy and cookie policyand that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies. Ask gentle questions, and listen with care You might feel that you don't know how to help someone, because you don't know what to tell them.

Women are the backbone of society quote
    That way you leave the other person in control. Is there a link between self-harm and suicide? Revealing your innermost emotions - anger, sadness, fear, hope, jealously, despair and so on — can be a huge relief.

First 12 results in COCA are all talk to. As a side note, that was only a little bit longer than I expected.

4 Comments

1. The article goes on by bringing two of the Grice's Maxims as arguments, one for and one against the use of to. However, for those with a more poetic sense of language, 'chat to' is more unidirectional than 'chat with'.

2. The fact that the dictionary example uses to does not mean you can't use with. I wonder how many are really "I decided to chat to Bob" and how many are a coincidental pairing.

3. Chat won't have such a subtext. Take time for yourself to do the things you enjoy, and if you need to talk, find somebody you trust to confide in.